The classic of the gaming genre – the Minecraft sandbox, is probably experiencing its tenth birth. She crawls like a caterpillar from platform to platform and gives pleasure with its jokes each time. After Minecraft had moved to Windows 10, the game surprised users with its instability. The reasons why Minecraft does not start are not one but many. The game turned out to be very demanding in its environment. But gamers are not afraid of difficulties. We are talking about a real work of art, as the second generation is basking in this survival simulator.
Minecraft won’t load past the Mojang screen even if you hit the Play button. Minecraft-related factors could be potential culprits for this error that prevents Minecraft from launching after pressing the Play button. It was found that if there are problems with the MinecraftLauncher.exe, the Minecraft application or mods, or the graphics card driver on Windows or Mac, it is likely that Minecraft will not load on Xbox One, PS4, Windows, or Mac. For example, when your Minecraft process stops working, Minecraft may refuse to open.
Before applying any solutions, disable or temporarily uninstall your third-party antivirus to ensure the security software conflict isn’t causing the problem.
- Launch the Minecraft launcher.
- Now click Options.
- Click “Force Update” here. It will look for the latest update and update the game.
After updating the game, restart your computer, launch the game and see what happens.
How to fix Minecraft not loading
Solution 1. Install Windows Updates
To fix Minecraft not loading on its own, you must fix the reasons mentioned above step by step. With the guidelines below, Minecraft will run correctly on Xbox One, PS4, and Windows if possible.
Disconnect from the VPN if it is set up, and most importantly, make sure your Windows 10 system has the latest updates. With regular Windows updates, Microsoft releases bug fixes for various issues. The latest update may fix a bug related to the Minecraft game. You can manually install a Windows update by following these steps.
- Press Windows Key + I to open Settings.
- Go to Update & Security, then click the Check for Updates button.
- After that, you need to restart your computer to apply the updates.
- Check the Minecraft system requirements.
If you have an old system or don’t meet the system requirements for the Minecraft game you may be facing, Minecraft won’t run or load on Windows 10. So check the minimum system requirements for Minecraft before proceeding.
You can check your system information using dxdiag.
Solution 2. End the MinecraftLauncher.exe task
MinecraftLauncher.exe is the file required to run Minecraft, so you may need to complete this task and reload the Minecraft app again to see if it can launch usually.
- Open Task Manager.
- Under Processes, scroll down to find out and right-click on MinecraftLauncher.exe to End the task.
- Close the task manager.
Try restarting Minecraft; many of you may notice that Minecraft is loading.
Solution 3. Run Minecraft as an administrator
- Again, privilege issues can interfere with or cause Minecraft not to launch or respond. Try running Minecraft as an administrator to see if that solves your problem.
- Find the Minecraft shortcut icon on your desktop screen.
- Right-click the Minecraft shortcut, and select “Run as administrator.”
- Launch Minecraft and check if it works properly.
Solution 4. Run Minecraft in Compatibility Mode
If you’re experiencing Minecraft not launching after just clicking “Play with updated Windows,” you may need to run the game in compatible mode. This is useful when your system detects that Minecraft is not compatible with it.
- On your desktop, right-click Minecraft to open its Properties.
- In Properties, under Compatibility, check the Run this app in compatibility mode for checkbox, and then select the Windows system version, such as Windows 7, 8.
- Click Apply and OK to save your changes.
You can then open Minecraft to see if Minecraft opens.
Solution 5. Get rid of Minecraft mods
Gamers usually download Minecraft mods to optimize this game for your use. But some have complained that Minecraft won’t start after installing mods like Minecraft mod 1.15.2. Thus, you’d better remove your installed mods for Minecraft. It can help fix the Minecraft not working error. To remove mods from Minecraft, you can also follow these steps.
- Press Windows + R to bring up Run, type %appdata% in the box, and then press Enter to continue.
- In the folder in File Explorer, find the Minecraft folder and right-click Mods Delete.
You can start Minecraft and play the game however you like. And if necessary, you can download mods again for a better gaming experience.
Also, if you have Discord installed on your computer, there is a chance that it could cause conflicts with the game. Temporarily remove Discord from your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
Solution 6. Uninstall and update your graphics driver
In addition to problems with the Minecraft program, components on your PC can also cause Minecraft to open errors. Among the hardware and software on your PC, the video card driver may be the most to blame for Minecraft not starting.
Therefore, you need to make sure that the driver for NVIDIA or AMD or any other graphics card on your device works well with Minecraft. In most cases, an outdated or missing graphics driver can cause problems. Thus, you can try to get rid of the problematic display driver and then update the new one automatically.
If you are not good at finding the latest drivers, Driver Booster can be an excellent tool to automatically download and install updated device drivers. In this sense, you can also use Driver Booster to fix Minecraft not responding faster to update your display driver.
- Download, install and run Driver Booster.
- Look for Display adapters and Update graphics drivers in the search results.
Driver Booster installs a display driver for your device.
After uninstalling the faulty graphics driver and installing the latest driver, Minecraft can start and run smoothly.
Solution 7. Uninstall and Update Minecraft
Last but not least, if the solutions above are of no use, you might have to uninstall this problematic gaming app from your device and reinstall the latest version for it to work correctly.
- Log in to the Control Panel.
- Go to Programs > Uninstall a program. Here you can view it by Category.
- In Programs and Features, find Minecraft and right-click to Uninstall.
After that, you can go to the app store or a trusted online source to download the updated Minecraft app for Windows 10, 8, 7, or Mac.
We hope the article helps you, and now you can start enjoying Minecraft.
Moreover, suppose none of the above fixes work for you. In that case, it is worth scanning your system with the PC repair tool, as sometimes, due to internal PC-related problems, users encounter errors, issues, and errors related to the game.
If you have some questions or ideas about this theme, please leave them in the comment.