Do you want to update DirectX on your Windows 10 PC? Then use our proven methods to update DirectX in Windows 10 correctly.
First of all, if you don’t know the current version of DirectX on your PC, use method 1. Do you know the current version of DirectX? Then use method 2 and update DirectX.
Method 1: Check the current version of DirectX
When the user does not know what version of DirectX he has installed on his computer, you should check this version before starting the updates:
- Press the Windows logo key.
- Please copy and paste the dxdiag command into the field and click on it.
- We check the version of DirectX, which is on the first page of the report provided.
Method 2: Update DirectX
If you know what is not the latest version of DirectX installed on your PC, follow these steps to update DirectX correctly.
It’s worth adding that Windows 10 doesn’t have a separate DirectX package, so you can only update DirectX in Windows Update:
- Press the key with the Windows logo – enter the check command in the dialog box.
- Now click on Check for updates.
- Be sure to follow the instructions on the screen, and Windows Update will automatically download and install the latest version of DirectX on your PC.
These are all known methods to help you easily update DirectX in Windows 10.