Many Windows PC users encounter the following errors when running the Call of Duty: MW (Warzone) game instead of getting the desired result.
Faults with ‘Dev Error 6634 in Warzone’ are common bugs, but problems can be fixed quickly and easily if you use our methods.
Call of Duty: MW players during the game have started to get a Dev error 6634, which starts acting upright in the middle of the game. The cause of the problem can vary, but we have collected a few methods of fixes that have proven helpful for many players.
Method 1: Scan & Repair all game files
The dev error most often indicates problems with the integrity of the saved game files. First, it is worth trying not to reinstall the whole game but to scan and repair the files:
- Open the Battle.net client.
- Choose Call of Duty: MW – press Options – choose Scan and Repair.
- Then click on Begin scan and wait until scanning is completed.
- Now go to the game and check if it crashes.
If the problem reappears after scanning and restoring, we recommend following the following correction method.
Method 2: Updating the graphics driver
Technically savvy gamers know that almost any problems in games are related to video cards, which may have an outdated driver. Let’s try to update the graphics processor:
- Go to the GPU manufacturer’s website (NVIDIA, AMD, or Intel),
- Find the GPU model you have on your PC.
- Download the latest driver installer that is compatible with your PC OS.
- Once downloaded, open the installer and follow the instructions.
To update drivers, using DriverSol and Outbyte Driver Updater program is an easy and credible option.
Outbyte Driver Updater will automatically recognize your system and find its correct drivers. You don’t need to know what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing:
- a) Download and Install Outbyte Driver Updater.
- b) Run Outbyte Driver Updater and hit the Scan Now button. The program will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- c) Click on the Update button next to each device to download the latest and correct driver. You can also hit the Update All button at the bottom right to automatically update all outdated or missing drivers on your compute
If the problem reappears after updating the graphics driver, we recommend following the following correction method.
Method 3: Change In-game Settings
In all games, problems may arise due to inappropriate system configurations of your PC. On weak computers, it is recommended to use low graphics.
System Requirements for running COD: Warzone
- Operating System: Windows 10/11 64-bit
- Processor: Intel Core i3-4340 or AMD FX-6300
- Memory: 8GB.
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 / GeForce GTX 1650 or Radeon HD 7950
- Storage: 175 GB
- DirectX: Version 12
Method 4: Install Every Windows Update You Need
Microsoft is constantly releasing critical updates for Windows, consisting of security patches and adding new features. Apart from drivers, you should make sure that your PC system is entirely up to date so that you don’t get into trouble:
- Press the Win key – click the gear icon in the lower-left corner – open Settings.
- Select Update and Security.
- Click Windows Update.
- Click Check for updates.
- Wait until the process completes and restart your PC.
If the problem reappears after installing Windows Update, we recommend following the following correction method.
Method 5: Reinstall shaders
Shaders are programs that use more functionality to render pixels. For some players, the dev error disappears after reinstalling the shaders. Let’s try the same thing:
- Start Modern Warfare.
- Go to Options.
- Now go to the GRAPHICS tab and click on Restart Shader Setup.
- To continue, press RESTART.
- Please wait until the process is completed and then restart the game and test it.
If the problem reappears after reinstalling shaders, we recommend following the following correction method.
Method 6: Loadouts, skins, and operators need to be changed
Error dev can also appear because of internal game problems. Some players have managed to replace loadouts with Modern Warfare and thus stop the error from occurring. Are you using the loaders/operators from Black Ops Cold War? Then try changing them to Modern Warfare! Don’t forget to remove every skin you use.
If the problem reappears after loadouts, skins, and operators changes, we recommend following the following correction method.
Method 7: Switch to the backup account
The dev error 6634 is due to a limitation of some accounts. Try testing another account on your PC. Did the problem go away? Then compare the differences between the two accounts, adding the boot devices, skins, and operators to the comparison.
If the problem reappears after using another account, we recommend following the following correction method.
Method 8: Uninstall and reinstall the game
If any of the above methods of solving the problem could not help you, you should uninstall the game and reload it.
We have presented all current methods to fix Dev Error 6634 in Warzone. We hope one of these solutions helped you and that you are enjoying your game again!